Ripples is the premier bathroom franchise. We have been designing and supplying the highest quality, bespoke bathrooms for both residential and commercial clients since 1988. We are now one of the most respected bathroom retailers in the UK.
The Ripples retail experience is the vision of Roger Kyme who, having spent many years working at a senior level at Travis Perkins, decided to focus exclusively on luxury bathrooms and the rest, as they say, is history!
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and our exceptional customer service and, as a result, we think we do something a little different to most people in the bathroom industry. We believe that in retailing, the customer's experience is as important as the products that they buy. And that means we pay special attention to the little things because they are what matter to our clients.
We began franchising in 1995 as a family-owned business with family values and work ethics to match. Since then, whilst our network has grown substantially and our business developed into the successful model you see today, our core business is still family-owned and our values of quality and service continue to define us.
Retailer Award and the International Designer Award. Our network boasts over 50 industry awards to date.
Our franchisees operate their beautifully-appointed showrooms in a market estimated to be worth nearly £1billion in 2016 and they consistently achieve higher gross profits than the industry average.
Below is a Management Summary of the Natwest Bank Franchise Survey, published in January 2016
Overall, the picture is of an industry sector in rude health which continues to prosper:
- The contribution of franchising to the UK economy is now reckoned to be £15.1 billion, an increase of 46% over the past 10 years and up 10% since the last survey in 2013.
- The total number of people employed in franchising in the UK is 621,000, of which 321,000 are in full-time employment.
- This equates to an increase of 70% over the past 10 years
- The number of franchisee-owned businesses has increased by 14% in two years, to 44,200. On average, those businesses are also becoming larger as the sector matures:
- Average turnover continues to rise and over half now claim an annual turnover of more than £250,000
- Employment per unit continues its upwards trajectory, with one-third now employing 10 or more staff
- A record 97% of franchisee-owned units reported profitability, with 56% saying they are ‘quite’ or ‘very’ profitable.
- Ownership changes in franchisee businesses are correspondingly low (4.6%), with failure rates much lower than for other SMEs generally
- Franchisees’ satisfaction with their franchisor has never been higher, with 91% saying they are ‘mainly’ or ‘definitely’ satisfied.
- Some 29% of franchisees now run multiple units.
- 80% of franchise brands in this country are UK-owned and developed.
- One in five franchisees who launched their business in the last two years was under 30 years old when they did so.